.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Rafa's Corner of Nonsense

Hello to all who, for lack of a better thing to do, have stumbled onto my blog. :-) Here you can expect moments of nonsense, moments of ramblings, moments of "oh sh1t, Rafa's on his soapbox, everybody down!", moments of introspection, moments of wisdom, and, of yeah, moments of absolute nonsense. :-) Enjoy!

Thursday, June 02, 2005

Murphy reads my blog!

So, less than a month after my proclamation that all was quiet and all was good, a bomb-shell was dropped that left me once again in singlehood, and after a week of absence from work I also had a couple of pretty stressful and miserable work days. Ok, Murphy, I take it back: all is neither quiet nor good anymore, you win! :-)

I spent a couple of days in an (understandable) funk, but after thinking about it for a bit I realized that I could not see our relationship lasting until our sixties, after having adopted our third Vietnamese baby (Po Dân) and our fourth cat... so it was probably for the best that it ended sooner rather than later (although I was having a lot of fun).

Don't worry, after the initial shock things have been talked out and I'm sure we can still be friends; not being able to see each other anymore would have been much harder to bear.

But, just to be safe, I will never again discuss my personal life on my blog (call me supersticious!). ;-)

6 Comments:

Blogger dsm said...

Always expect the unexpected. But keep low expectations. You never know what tomorrow brings.

That's my philosophy, and lately it seems to be working. ;-)

10:47 AM  
Blogger El Rata said...

Well, I find it hard to "expect the unexpected" (as it is, after all, a contradiction in terms), but keeping low expectations is a specialty of mine, yes. :-D

2:02 PM  
Blogger El Rata said...

Well, Thumper, I didn't name the poor kid! It's not my fault the name isn't actually Vietnamese! ;-)

12:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rafa! (its eli again). Sorry about the breakup! I hope things start to look up for you soon. ^_^
I am sure your mom would be thrilled to know about the adopted kids. ;-)
And remember that you have friends that will love you even after your 60's.

5:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you are alone, call this number 800-211-9293. Connect with Real Singles from your local area instantly for only $0.99/min with a $4.99 connection fee. A true Match is only one phone call away 800-211-9293. Meet people with common interests and desires now. Check it out. 800-211-9293

7:35 AM  
Blogger El Rata said...

Wow, I can't tell if I've been spam-blogged or if someone has taken pity on my soul and is trying to get me to find some telephonic poon-tang. If that's the case, Mr. Pity, I'm not some loser that needs phone dating services, ok? I have the Internet for that!!! ;-)

7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home